Director of Operations
American Alliance for Theatre & Education
4908 Auburn Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
General Intern Instructions
1. Interns are expected to work approximately 18 hours over the course of the conference plus a 3 hour training session in exchange for conference registration (Value of which is $200.)
2. Interns will be expected to arrive at the conference by the evening of Tuesday, July 27. When you arrive for the Conference, please check in at the conference registration desk. You will receive a copy of the finalized intern schedule.
3. This year Interns are being offered the opportunity to room together at a discounted room rate ($89.50 a night).
4. Interns will receive their work schedules in the end of June, early July prior to the conference.
5. Interns should arrive at their designated work site 10 minutes prior to the expected start time.
6. Interns should check-in with the Volunteer Coordinator (or designee) upon arrival to work a shift, and should use the early 10 minutes to receive instruction. Interns will assist AATE staff and volunteers at the registration desk around the conference on necessary tasks. Interns should also share information and instruction with other interns who take over the next shift.
Rules and Guidelines
1. If you fail to complete the schedule assigned to you, you will be dismissed from your duties and no longer able to attend the conference.
2. Dress code: Since you will be a representative of AATE we ask that you maintain a professional and helpful attitude and appearance. This means no ripped jeans, no flip flops, no bare midriffs, no profane t-shirts slogans, no shorts, etc. Improper attire will be grounds for dismissal.
3. No intern will consume, transport, or serve alcoholic beverages of any kind while working.
4. No intern will be permitted to drive rental vehicles for AATE.
5. No intern will be placed in areas of high potential for danger, unless appropriately harnessed, rigged or otherwise preventive measures are taken.
1. As an intern, you will receive a Conference badge. This badge will give you access to our all conference events and workshops. To participate in specific events, you must complete the necessary paperwork and provide the appropriate payment required for the event, in advance or on-site. Please check the deadline requirements for each event.
2. First-year interns may be given entry-level jobs. We will schedule interns according to the highest areas of need. In some cases, this may involve moving an intern after original placements have been made, including onsite readjustments. We will schedule around previously defined conflicts.
3. We strive to make your intern time an educational opportunity, allowing to take part in the inside workings of the Conference, exposing you to a variety of experiences, and challenging you with new tasks and commitments.
Please complete the below form by Friday, June 3, 2016. In addition, please send an email to Bridgette Pressley firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that you have made or will make travel arrangements for the conference (please, disregard the request for travel plans if you are based in Boston already).
I confirm that to the best of my knowledge all information that I have provided in my application and via any other means is true and accurate. By signing below, I hereby confirm that I have read and completely understand the terms and conditions, applicable fees, likely conditions at my placement and all inclusions and exclusions for my particular placement as indicated