- About AATE
- Programs and Events
- Support AATE
- Online Store
|Teaching Drama Online Workshop|
Create your own online workshop! How?
Attend this workshop and learn the ins and outs of how it is done.
Most universities and educational institutions are offering online courses to the students they teach and those they hope to reach. But if your subject is drama or theatre - an art form that occurs with human beings assembled in the same space - how can you provide online instruction?
In this 90-minute workshop, Dr. Rosalind Flynn, head of Catholic University's M.A. in Theatre Education and a Kennedy Center Teaching Artist, shares ideas, tips, examples, and lessons learned from her experiences teaching successful online drama courses over the past five years. Workshop participants will receive a hands-on audio-visual guide to best practices for successful online drama instruction, and engage in live interactions with Dr. Flynn and other attendees.
The workshop will be offered twice, one session for the Eastern Standard Time zone and one session for the Pacific Standard Time zone. Both sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for viewing after the live sessions. If you cannot sign on to the live broadcast, the recording will be available for purchase.
Technical Requirements: Internet access, microphone (built-in or separate), speakers or headphones.
Enrollment is limited to 22 per session!
Registration Fee: $45 Member/$35 Student/$60 Non-Member Rate
When: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 7-8:30 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
1. If you are an AATE member, log in then return to this page. If you have forgotten your password, click the "reset your password" link under the login boxes.
2. If you are not an AATE member, go directly to the link provided above.
3. Type in the box how many people you are registering including yourself. Hit "Next".
4. Here's the fun part. First, you must click the radio button for the type of registration you will be processing - student/retired, regular, etc. (member rate should pop up here if your membership is current). Fill in your contact details if it's not already populated with your member data.
5. Check to make sure your information is accurate and click "complete registration" or "edit" if you need to adjust some information. This will take you to your shopping cart. Once ready, click "Checkout".
6. This will bring you to the payment screen where you double check your billing information and click "proceed to confirmation"7. After this last step, you should receive a confirmation email with all the items you purchased. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this confirmation.